Communications & Events Coordinator
The O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University Law Center is seeking a creative and detail-oriented Communications and Events Coordinator to advance the Institute’s communications strategy.
The O’Neill Institute undertakes scholarship, research projects and capacity building to develop innovative solutions to the most pressing national and international health concerns including prevention and control of infectious and non-communicable diseases, health and human rights, and global health governance. In conjunction with Georgetown Law, the O’Neill Institute offers a range of academic and capacity building programs, including LL.M. programs for lawyers seeking specialized training in domestic and international health law, certificate programs, intensive trainings, internships and post-graduate fellowships.
This full-time position will work under the Director, Strategic Communications to help develop excellent and creative content to promote the Institute, including:
- Maintaining and growing the Institute’s social media presence, especially on Twitter.
- Maintaining the Institute’s web presence, including drafting and updating web content, and working with the Director of Strategic Communications on a major website redesign.
- Drafting and distributing press releases, advisories, statements, op-eds, newsletters, and other communications materials. Assisting with media relations, monitoring media clips daily and compiles and distributes media reports.
- Designing and creating visually engaging content for digital audiences.
- Strategically planning events for O’Neill Institute, under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Communications, including anticipating needs and leading planning discussions.
- Managing overall event design, under the direction of event leader.
- Finalizing timelines, drafts and gathering staffing documents, receipts and complete event summaries.
- Reserving space, creating invitations, coordinating seating charts, and providing event materials, as needed.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would have a B.A. degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field, and two years professional communications and/or event planning experience that includes online and social media content development, website content production and publication, and effective outreach to academic, nonprofit, government, and other policymaker audiences. Exceptional written and verbal communications skills required. Familiarity with domestic or global health issues is preferred but not required. Fluency in English and Spanish preferred. Candidate should have experience working with email marketing, social media, and database tools, as well as a web CMS. Experience with MailChimp and WordPress preferred. Experience in graphic design, video, and audio editing preferred. Experience with institutional communications, ability to work with changing priorities in a fast-paced, results driven environment. A creative and can-do mindset is a must.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to ONeillHR@georgetown.edu.