Finance Manager, Center for Global Health Innovation and Policy
The O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University Law Center is seeking a detail- oriented Financial Manager for the Center for Global Health Innovation and Policy to advance the Institute’s mission and improve health around the globe.
The O’Neill Institute undertakes scholarship, research projects and capacity building to develop innovative solutions to the most pressing national and international health concerns including prevention and control of infectious and non-communicable diseases, health and human rights, and global health governance. In conjunction with Georgetown Law, the O’Neill Institute offers a range of academic and capacity building programs, including LL.M. programs for lawyers seeking specialized training in domestic and international health law, certificate programs, intensive trainings, internships and post-graduate fellowships.
This full-time position will work under the Director of Finance and Operations as the designated Department Financial Manager for the Center for Global Health Innovation and Policy. This position will be responsible for the financial management of all sponsored projects to ensure compliance with sponsor’s requirements and University’s policies and procedures, working closely with the Center’s program staff, and be responsible for supporting budget forecasting for the Center for Global Health Innovation and Policy and its projects and budget execution. Duties to be performed by the employee include, but not limited to:
- Review and reconcile expenses on the Center Status Reports to ensure that the expenses are a) allowable by the sponsor for the project, b) allocable to the project, c) reasonable and necessary, d) supported by required documents, and e) within the budgeted amounts
- Review salary distributions to ensure that they reasonably reflect employees’ level of effort on project. Review associated fringe benefits for accuracy
- Process all corrections and adjustments within 90 days of when the charge initially posts to the financial system (posted date for non-payroll and pay period end date for payroll transactions) and ensure corrections and adjustments are reviewed and approved according to the signature authority policy and supported by appropriate documents
- Review the commitments of key personnel, to ensure the costs reasonably reflect the level of effort committed to the sponsors as part of proposal and notify OSP/OSR of significant variances
- Complete the Financial Status Report (FSR) worksheets timely and accurately
- Ensure that payments to subrecipients are reviewed and processed in a timely manner
- May be asked to make 1-2 trips to Malawi to conduct training and support.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Finance or Accounting, with 3-5 years of experience managing large budgets in a reputable organization (experience with managing budgets funded by Foundations with associate reporting requirements is preferred). Candidates should have experience coordinating with subgrantees, experience training and mentoring on financial processes, especially with global projects, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong presentation and persuasion abilities, as well as excellent writing and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, the ability to work under pressure and should be proactive, work well independently, and engage effectively with colleagues and communicate financial data in plain English. Advanced computer skills required (MS Office, financial management packages and relational databases)
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to ONeillHR@georgetown.edu.