Georgetown University Law Center’s O’Neill Institute for National & Global Health Law is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the Institute’s Initiatives. These initiatives are engaged in advancing human rights and public health through research, policy tracking, and capacity building, working with partners primarily in Africa and Latin America. The position will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations of one-two Initiatives and enabling smooth functioning of their administrative and programmatic needs.
The Program Coordinator will help manage Initiative projects, event and resources, and will collaborate daily with Initiative, Institute and University staff, as well as partners from around the globe. This position will report to a designated member of each Initiative and the Acting Executive Director.
The Program Coordinator will work out of the O’Neill Institute’s offices on the Georgetown University Law Center campus in Washington, D.C, and receive a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and terrific colleagues.
- Maintain administrative processes, memos, and other associated Initiative materials, ensuring information is current and relevant
- Manage event and meeting logistics for Initiative’s year-round, domestic and international programming
- Support the team in documenting and reporting on the work of the Initiatives to funders and partners
- Provide administrative and communications support for conferences, dialogues, webinars, conference calls and other events and meetings
- In coordination with the Communications Associate, disseminate Initiative work products and identify new opportunities for more effectively publicizing Initiative expertise, especially among those who can influence the development or implementation of public health laws, regulations, and policies
- Manage and update Initiative contacts database
- Support work to ensure payments to Initiative suppliers, sub-grantees, and consultants
- Organize travel for Initiative team members, as well as reimbursements for travel
- Conduct limited desk research and other programmatic tasks as needed
- Track relevant research funding opportunities as necessary
- B.A. or B.S.
- One to two years of project, program or office management experience, full or part-time
- Professionalism and flexibility amid competing priorities in a fast-paced, multi-need and results-driven environment
- Proven ability to manage calendars and handle complex scheduling instructions and responsibilities
- Demonstrated personal initiative and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Ability to work with team members both in-person and remotely, as well as to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and interest in to traveling domestically and overseas
- Interest in law and policy
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 page writing sample to ONeillHR@georgetown.edu.