Summer Program 2014
The O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University invites you to our 2014 Summer Programs. Now in our third year, we are excited to present two programs this summer: (1) Emerging Issues in Food and Drug Law and (2) US Health Reform – The Affordable Care Act.
The Summer Programs convene leading practitioners, policymakers, advocates and academics in food and drug law and US healthcare reform for a series of interactive lectures, panel discussions, and case studies. Held during consecutive weeks, July 14-18 (Emerging Issues in Food and Drug Law) and July 21-25 (US Health Reform – The Affordable Care Act), interested participants may attend one or both programs. Invited speakers include current and former officials from HHS, the FDA, the FTC, the EPA, as well as former U.S. Congressional staff involved in the adoption and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Director: Sam Halabi (Associate Professor of Law, University of Tulsa; O’Neill Institute Scholar)
Featuring FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, MD
- US Food and Drug Administration Decision-Making
- Changing Nature of Food and Drug Supply Chains
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Comparative Approaches of US and EU Drug Regulatory Authorities
- Regulatory Harmonization
- Substandard and Counterfeit Medicines
Directors: Sabrina Corlette (Senior Research Fellow, Center on Health Insurance Reforms, Health Policy Institute, Georgetown University); Kevin Lucia (Senior Research Fellow, Center on Health Insurance Reforms, Health Policy Institute, Georgetown University); Timothy Westmoreland (Visiting Professor of Law, Georgetown University, O’Neill Institute Senior Scholar)
- Access to Health Care and Coverage: Law and Policy
- Implementing the Affordable Care Act and Other Federal Regulatory Changes
- Comparative Analyses of State Insurance Exchanges
- Potential and Upcoming Legal Challenges to the Affordable Care Act
The Summer Programs are open to all, including relevant practitioners, policymakers, regulators, academics, and students.
Additional details for the summer programs, including schedule, speakers, online application, and program fees will be available shortly. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.