Infectious Diseases and the Law
June 22-26, 2015
Dr. Daniel Lucey, Senior Scholar, O’Neill Institute, at the ELWA3 hospital in Monrovia, Liberia, run by Doctors Without Borders.
The Summer Program will bring together leading practitioners, policymakers, advocates, and academics in global health to explore the role and implications of law in the global response to infectious diseases. Interactive lectures, panels, and case studies will examine legal powers, duties, and constraints relevant to infectious diseases.
Program fees for the O’Neill Supper Program include costs associated with the course materials as well as daily lunch and a welcome reception. Participants are responsible for all other expenses (i.e. housing, meals, transportation, travel, etc.).
Low-middle income countries, students, NGOs, government employees, and not-for-profit organizations
High-income countries, tenure professors, and private sector organizations
[World Bank Classifications of Low-, Middle-, and High-Income Countries: http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications]
International Participants: Visa Information
Please note that it is the participant’s responsibility to apply for a visa if necessary.
Travel & Housing
Participants are responsible for arranging their own travel and housing.
A short list of area hotels can be found below. Please contact them directly for rates and availability.
- The Liaison Hotel: (202) 638-1616
- Hyatt Regency Washington: (202) 737-1234
- Hotel George: (202) 347-4200
Other area hotels include:
- Marriott Marquis Washington, DC | 901 Massachusetts Ave NW
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown | 500 H St NW
- Hampton Inn Washington-Downtown-Convention Center | 901 6th St NW
- Hotel Monaco Washington, DC | 700 F Street NW
- Four Points by Sheraton Washington DC Downtown | 1201 K St NW
- Embassy Suites Washington Convention Center | 900 10th St NW
- Comfort Inn Convention Center/Downtown | 1201 13th St NW
Georgetown Law is located by Capitol Hill and is accessible on the Red Line by the Union Station Metro stop. See www.wmata.com for more
Certificate of Attendance
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Georgetown University Law Center upon completion of the Summer Program.
Please note that registration cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 15, 2015. All refund requests will be charged a $100 administrative handling fee and will be processed after the conference. There will be no refunds after June 15, 2015.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.