Harnessing Data on Laws and Policies to Fight HIV
- This event has passed.
Harnessing Data on Laws and Policies to Fight HIV:
Discussion and Launch of the HIV Policy Lab
On the sidelines of the UN General Assembly
Tuesday, September 29 2020
9:00 to 10:30 a.m. in New York | 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. in Geneva
The science of HIV has never been better. Yet while some countries and communities have seen rapid declines in deaths and new infections, others see growing epidemics. Now more than ever, laws and policies are determinants of HIV—helping communities access the benefits of science and realize their rights, or blocking progress. From the UN General Assembly, join us for a discussion about science, policy, and human rights at the launch of the HIV Policy Lab—a new effort to track policies around the world and learn from what works.
- Winnie Byanyima, UNAIDS
- Michelle Bachelet, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Edwin Gorataone Dikoloti, Minister of Health and Wellness, Botswana
- Rico Gustav, Global Network of People Living With HIV
- Angeli Achrekar, Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, PEPFAR
- Harley Feldbaum, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria