O’Neill and Public Hearings
The O’Neill Institute engages the legal system in a number of different ways, including submitting expert opinions related to specific cases under consideration in many national and global public forums, such as the United States Supreme Court and United Nations committees. Below are selected presentations, papers, and briefs submitted to such forums.
- Brief for former FDA Commissioners Dr. Donald Kennedy and Dr. David A. Kessler as Amici Curiae Supporting Respondent, Wyeth v. Levine, No. 06-1249 (August 14, 2008). David Vladeck, Counsel of Record. (38pp.)
- Brief for Tobacco Control Legal Consortium, AARP, and Public Justice as Amici Curiae Supporting Respondents, Altria Group, Inc. and Philip Morris, USA Inc. v. Good et al., No. 07-562 (June 18, 2008). David Vladeck, Counsel of Record. (38pp.)
- Brief for AARP as Amicus Curiae Supporting Respondents, Warner-Lambert Company, LLC and Pfizer Inc. v. Kent, No. 06-1498 (January 18, 2008). David Vladeck, Counsel of Record. (30pp.)
- Brief for the Tobacco Control Legal Consortium in Support of Plaintiff-Appellee, U.S. and Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund, et al. v. Philip Morris USA Inc., Nos. 06-5267, 06-5268, 06-5269, 06-5270, 06-5271, 06-5332, 06-5367, 07-5102, 07-5103 (November 26, 2007). David Vladeck, Counsel for Amicus Curiae Tobacco Control Legal Consortium.
- O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law. 2010. Shadow Report to the Periodic Report by the Arab Republic of Egypt to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women. Women and Tobacco in Egypt: Preventing and Reducing The Effects of Tobacco Consumption through Information, Implementation and Non-Discrimination.
- O’Neill Institute Shadow Report to accompany Brazil’s periodic report to the U.N. Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights: Preventing and Reducing Tobacco Use in Brazil: Pending Tasks.