Please join the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Legal Preparedness Action Package for the first event in a two-part webinar series on the complexities of addressing liability risk while promoting equity during public health emergencies. The series will bring together prominent experts from different sectors and regions to highlight challenges, guidance, and best practices.
In the first webinar, experts will introduce liability risk management and analyze the challenges and lessons learned from COVID-19 and other health crises.
Welcoming Remarks: Sam Halabi, Senior Scholar and Visiting Professor, Center for Transformational Health Law, O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
- Firas J.H Al Mossawilraq, Ministry of Health, Government of Iraq
- Anthony Brown, Vice President Vice President & General Counsel, Resolve to Save Lives
- Emanuele Cesta, Legal Administrative Officer, Legal Department, Disputes Resolution Office, Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA)
- Soawapak Hinjoy, Director of Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
- Carla Moretti, National Director of International Affairs, Ministry of Health of Argentina
- Shirmila Ramasamy, Senior Counsel, World Bank
- Leslie Ramsammy, Adviser to the Minister of Health; Former Minister of Health; Former Minister of Agriculture, Government of Guyana
- Elizabeth Sadove, Director, MCM Regulatory Policy, Office of Counterterrorism and Emerging Threats, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Richard Wilder, Senior Scholar, O’Neill Institute; Former General Counsel, CEPI
Moderated by: Ana Ayala, Senior Global Health Officer, Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Closing Remarks: Carla Moretti, National Director of International Affairs, Ministry of Health of Argentina