Please join the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Legal Preparedness Action Package for the second event in a two-part webinar series on the complexities of addressing liability risk while promoting equity during public health emergencies. The series will bring together prominent experts from different sectors and regions to highlight challenges, guidance, and best practices.
In the upcoming webinar, experts will focus on solutions and mechanisms for addressing liability risk that will foster dialogue and action towards greater legal preparedness and equity.
Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Time: 7:00 – 9:30 AM ET
Welcoming Remarks: Ana Ayala, Senior Global Health Officer, Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Thomas Bulleit, Volunteer, International Senior Lawyers Project; Partner, Ropes & Gray
- Nicholas Crisp, Deputy Director General, National Department of Health, Republic of South Africa
- Heinrich de Kock, Senior Industry Specialist Insurance International Finance Corporation (IFC) Financial Institutions Group
- Anne Mazur, Principal Legal Officer, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Elizabeth Sadove, Director, MCM Regulatory Policy, Office of Counterterrorism and Emerging Threats, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Susan Sherman, Senior Attorney, Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Richard Wilder, Senior Scholar, O’Neill Institute; Former General Counsel, CEPI
Moderated by: Ana Ayala, Senior Global Health Officer, Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Closing Remarks: Carla Moretti, National Director of International Affairs, Ministry of Health of Argentina