This virtual discussion will provide an overview of national trends related to medication-based treatment for opioid use disorder in correctional facilities and will highlight successful models and best practices from across the country. Speakers will discuss trends in positive outcomes following implementation of these programs, including significant reductions in opioid overdose deaths and recidivism, as well as an increase in sustained engagement in treatment, employment and other social factors.
- Elizabeth Connolly, Project Director, Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Initiative, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Karen Taylor, Warden, Camden County Department of Corrections, New Jersey
- Marc F. Stern, MD, MPH, University of Washington School of Public Health
- Michael White, Director, Community Programs, Community Medical Services
- Regina LaBelle, Director, Addiction and Public Policy Initiative, O’Neill Institute