Maximizing the Impact of Settlements to Address the Opioid Epidemic
We are at a critical juncture in the overdose crisis:
Drug overdoses are taking more lives than ever, and litigation against opioid manufacturers is in courtrooms across the nation. Now is the time for sound, decisive action to ensure settlement funds are effectively directed and managed.
This summit is a first-of-its-kind convening of key experts in comprehensive, divergent, and crosscutting fields — complex litigation, public health and policy, state and local government, members of the Biden-Harris Administration, and people in recovery — for a series of dynamic strategy sessions maximizing opioid settlement funds to save lives and respond to the overdose crisis.
Watch the Summit:
- Keynote Presentation
- Panel 1 — State of the Settlements, Bellwethers, and Settlement Design Innovations
- Panel 2 — How Settlement Funds Can Accelerate Addressing the Overdose Crisis and Spur Innovation
- Panel 3 — Operationalizing Settlement Design and Distribution in a Heterogeneous Landscape
- Panel 4 — Tools and Innovations Around Spending and Distribution
- Panel 5 — Ensuring Success: Quality, Transparency, Oversight, and Privacy
- Panel 6 — Beyond Opiates: Opiate Summit as Framework for Health Crises in Litigation
This summit was hosted by the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown Law Professor Maria Glover, the Pew Charitable Trusts, and the Legislative Analysis and Public Policy Association.