Please join us for a briefing, with opening remarks from Congressman Paul Tonko (NY-20), to discuss the current state of addiction treatment and harm reduction in communities grappling with COVID-19. Speakers will highlight local community responses to the simultaneous public health emergencies of opioid-involved overdoses and COVID-19. In addition, participants will share how recently waived federal rules relating to medication based treatment and telehealth are being applied locally, as well as how congressional funding can best aid local communities.
- Congressman Paul Tonko (NY-20)
- Steve Williams, Mayor, Huntington, West Virginia
- Edwin Chapman, MD, Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine specialist, Washington, DC
- Allie Hunter, Executive Director, Police Assisted Addiction & Recovery Initiative (PAARI), Massachusetts
- Stephen Loyd, MD, Medical Director, Cedar Recovery, Tennessee
- Regina LaBelle, Director, Addiction and Public Policy Initiative, O’Neill Institute
- Shelly Weizman, Associate Director, Addiction and Public Policy Initiative, O’Neill Institute