Please join the NGO and Communities Unitaid board delegations, the People’s Health Movement, and the O’Neill Institute’s Global Health Policy and Politics Initiative for a virtual session on enablers for regional and local production of essential medical tools in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 PM CET | 7:00 – 9:00 AM ET
This event will inform and improve efforts to facilitate regional and local production of resources by addressing barriers and identifying the essential enablers. Drawing from their own regional experiences, the speakers will share their insights and provide recommendations and next steps for expanding and sustaining equitable access to medical tools in LMICs.
- Jorge Bermudez, Head of Department of Policies for Pharmaceutical Drugs and Assistance (NAF) of the National School of Public Health, Fiocruz
- Cheikh Tidiane Diagne, Research Scientist, Institut Pasteur de Dakar; Head of Operations, Diatropix (Download the Powerpoint presentation)
- Padmashree Gehl Sampat, Director, Global Access in Action, Berkman Klein Center, Harvard University
- Sun Kim, Director, Research Center on Global Solidarity, People’s Health Movement (PHM) South Korea (Download the Powerpoint presentation)
- Chalermsak Kittitrakul, Project Manager for Access to Medicines, Thai Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (TNP+) (Download the Powerpoint presentation)
- David Legge, People’s Health Movement (PHM)
- Sharonann Lynch, Senior Scholar, Global Health Policy and Politics Initiative, O’Neill Institute (Download the Powerpoint presentation)
- Robert Matiru, Director of Programme Management, Unitaid (Download the Powerpoint presentation)
- Lynette Mtimkulu-Eyde, Board Member, Unitaid NGO Delegation
- Lauren Paremoer, Member, People’s Health Movement (PHM) South Africa
- Jens Pedersen, Senior Advisor, Africa CDC